This troubleshooting guide assumes that you have already set up your server software according to the setup guide. Otherwise, please install the server software and set up the service according to the setup guide. You may also follow along with the installation video.
- KeyShot is unable to connect to the server.
- The license server is giving you errors during setup.
Step 1: Check that your license server software is up to date.
The latest server software is Luxion License Server v1.6. If you are unable to find the version number in the bottom left corner of your license server application, then we recommend running the update installer.
1. Download Luxion License Server from the links below.
Luxion License Server (Windows)
Luxion License Server (Mac)
Luxion License Server (Linux)
2. Run the installer. Click Yes if prompted and confirm.
3. Click Finish to complete the installation.
4. Click Start to restart your license service. If you receive a FlexNet warning, click OK.
If you are unable to launch Luxion License Server successfully, then we recommend setting up your license service with LMTools instead. For instructions on how to set up your service with LMTools, click here.
5. Click Server Status to check the status of your server. The status output will tell you how many licenses are issued an how many licenses are in use. Look for the following line:
Users of keyshot2: (Total of X licenses issued; Total of Y licenses in use)
Here X is the number of licenses available, and Y is the number of licenses in use.
- If you see this message, then your license is properly set up and you can continue Step 4 below.
- If you don’t see this message, then your license has expired or is not properly set up. Proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Check license expiration and version.
1. Launch Luxion License Server.
2. Go to the Install License tab.
3.Under the License Info, find the FEATURE line(s):
FEATURE keyshot2 LUXION x.0 expiration 1 GROUP=UHD BORROW=720 \
Here, "x.0" is your license version. Your license will work with all previous versions of KeyShot up to version "x.0". Your license will also work with KeyShot x.1, KeyShot x.2, etc...For example, version 8.0 in the license file will support KeyShot 7 and KeyShot 8.2.
Here, "expiration" is your license's expiration date. If your license has expired or outdated, please find, request, or purchase a new KeyShot Floating product key and request a replacement according to the license registration instructions.
You can always request a copy of your most recent KeyShot Floating license from your software administrator, reseller, your sales representative, or our fulfillment team at email@example.com.
Step 3: Check that the Mac Address in your license file matches the expected mac address.
1. Launch Luxion License Server.
2. Go to the Request License tab.
3. Make a note of the "MAC:" field. This is the expected mac address.
4. Go to the Install License tab and make sure that the mac address on the SERVER line matches the mac address ("MAC:") from step 3. You can also open your .lic file in any text editor and find the SERVER line:
SERVER hostname mac_address
Here "mac_address" should match the mac address ("MAC:") from step 3. The mac address in the license file always follows your computer's hostname.
Note: Most computers nowadays can connect via ethernet or wifi. If you change the way in which the server connects to the rest of your network (including the internet), then your KeShot license service will go down. The reason is that each device has its own mac address and your license is tied to only one mac address. To bring the KeyShot license service back up, you can revert to your original connection or request a license change.
Step 4: Use different Port numbers on your computer.
1. Start the Luxion License Server application.
2. Go to the Install License Tab.
3. Click Set Server Ports.
- FlexLM Port: Change this to avoid port conflicts If you have other License servers running on the same machine. You can set this port to, say 27005, but any open port will do.
- Daemon Port: This is only used for network setups with a Firewall. If a Firewall is used, both ports need to be set and opened in the Firewall. You can set this port to, say 1700, but any open port will do.
4. Click OK.
5. Click Reread License File to make sure the Changes are applied.
6. You can restart the service by clicking the Stop/Start button.
Step 5: Open up ports on your firewall. It is important to open up the ports on the server, the client, and on any physical firewalls in your office network. If you're not sure, please consult with your IT administrator.
1. Launch Windows Control Panel.
2. Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall.
3. Click Advanced settings. A new window appears: Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security.
4. Select Inbound Rules on the left hand side and then click New Rule on the right margin.
5. Select Port and click Next.
6. Make sure TCP is selected and type in the port numbers from step 4 above separated by a comma. Then click Next.
7. Make sure Allow the connection is selected and click Next.
8. Make sure all check boxes are checked: Domain, Private, and Public. Click Next.
9. Set your rule's name, say "KeyShot Ports." You can also add a description (optional). Then, click Finish.
10. Repeat this process once more for Outbound Rules.
Step 6: Check that you have read and write permissions into Program Data folder. This is where the Luxion License Server saves your license file.
1. Open Windows Explorer and browse to C:\ProgramData\Luxion
2. Right-click the License folder and go to Properties > Security.
3. Make sure every group has read and write permissions and click Apply then click OK.
4. Try to re-install your license file inside Luxion License Server. You can do this by clicking New License or Install License.
Once you completed all the steps in this troubleshooting guide, continue with the setup process as is shown in the installation video for KeShot Pro Floating.
If you are still unable to connect to your server, please contact our support team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For better assistance, please provide your LUXION.log (from Luxion License Server) and/or debug.log file (from LMTools)