Most KeyShot licenses are coded to work on only one computer. This prevents the license files from being copied and used on different machines. That being said, there are times when users may need to use KeyShot on a different computer. Users can deactivate their license on their primary computers in order to install it to a new machine.
Before deactivating your license, make sure you have a copy of your serial code.
You can find this by clicking the 'Help', then 'Show License Information' to view your serial code.
To deactivate a license from the primary computer:
- Launch KeyShot and select the 'Help' tab
- Select 'Deactivate License on this Computer'
- A pop-up window will appear asking if you wish to deactivate the license on your computer
- Click 'OK'
- A pop-up notification will appear, confirming that the license has been deactivated
If you do not receive the notification, please try to deactivate the license again.
Now that the license has been deactivated, you can use your serial code to activate KeyShot on any computer you wish.
To Activate your License:
- Launch KeyShot on the new machine
- Click 'Help' and then 'Register License'
- Enter the necessary information as well as your serial code to activate your license
If you are unable to activate your license, click 'Save Request File'. Send that file as an attachment to email@example.com.
A representative will create a license for you to install directly to KeyShot.