It is common for users to deactivate their licenses from a workstation so that they can register their serial codes on a new machine. Many times, they will receive an error message stating that the serial code needs to be upgraded or that the license is currently in use, even after following all the suggested steps and deactivating it on their primary computer.
This has been a long-standing issue with our local servers. We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you over the years. There are times when our servers do not register that at license has been deactivated.
As of now, there are two ways around this:
- reactivate it on the primary computer, deactivate it again, then activate it on the new computer
- send us a request file from the new computer to receive a new license
We are currently working on a subscription and portal service that will solve this issue.
We hope to have more news about these services for you this year.
- Start KeyShot and select "Activate your license" from the registration wizard.
- Enter your information and click Continue.
- Enter your Serial Code.
- Click Save Request File and send the file as an attachment to email@example.com
Once they have received the request file, our team will create a license for you.
Thank you for your patience while we work to solve this issue.