When trying to save settings in KeyShot, the following error occurs:
Could not save configuration to C:\Users\Public\Documents\KeyShot xx\KSxxSettings.xml. Please check permissions for writing to this file.
xx is the specific version of KeyShot. i.e. "Could not save configuration to C:\Users\Public\Documents\KeyShot 11\KS11Settings.xml. Please check permissions for writing to this file."
- Any versions
- Lack of permissions on the listed folder.
Assign the proper permissions to the listed folder.
How to set folder permissions on Windows:
- Go to your Documents folder (C:\Users\Public\Documents)
- Click Apply and OK once more.
How to set folder permissions on Mac:
- Browse to the Macintosh HD\Library\Application Support folder.
- Right-click the KeyShot folder and select “Get Info”.
- Scroll down to Sharing & Permissions and make sure all users have both Read & Write.
- If you don't see your username in the list click the + and add your username, then give read and write permission.
- Click the settings button (gear icon) select “Apply to enclosed items” and confirm.
- Close the Get Info window.